Georgian Lobio with walnuts
Lobio is a traditional Georgian dish, which is a bean with nuts and spices. Large red beans of such varieties that are well-digested are traditionally used. The recipe is described below, following which every housewife will be able to prepare a delicious dish from Georgia.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Beans of the selected variety must be soaked in advance for 6-8 hours, and then the product should be boiled in slightly salted water for 120-180 minutes. For the preparation of Georgian lobio, the Swallow bean variety is ideal. Beans are colorful, so the dish will turn out not only tasty, but also beautiful in appearance.During cooking, one part of the beans needs to take 4 parts of water, and if necessary, add boiling water. Add salt for 15 minutes until ready. Walnuts should be peeled and put in a bowl for convenience, the garlic and onions should be peeled off, and together with cilantro, rinse under running water and dry.
Spices can be replaced if desired. If it is not possible to use uchi suneli and ground cilantro, you can use suneli hops, coriander and blue fenugreek, or even give preference to adjika from tomatoes or tomatoes with spices, and basil or thyme, which is not in the classic recipe, can be responsible for piquancy.
wine or balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. l
ucho suneli or blue fenugreek
ground cilantro or coriander
0.5 pc (for decoration)
10–20 grains (for decoration)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Walnuts need to be passed through a meat grinder for chopping. An alternative is to use a blender.
- Cilantro need to be cut into large pieces and also pass through a meat grinder along with garlic for chopping.
- Put boiled beans in a bowl and with the help of a crush, take so that most of the beans turn into mashed potatoes. If the peel is very stiff, you can use a meat grinder, but not all the beans, but only a part, must be passed through it. Cut the remaining with a sharp knife.
- Four beans tablespoons of chopped nuts are to be put in the beans, then cilantro and garlic are added there. Add to the mass wine (or balsamic vinegar), ground cilantro, cinnamon, red hot pepper and salt.
- All the ingredients must be mixed to a homogeneous mass with an ordinary spoon. Be sure to take a sample so that the dish turns out to be delicious and meet your preferences. Add vinegar, salt or spices if necessary. That's all, a great snack - Georgian lobio with nuts is ready.
- Garnish with onion rings, pomegranate seeds and cilantro.
Video recipeLobio RecipeVideo Recipe: Lobio Recipe
Even the most demanding gourmets will like the classic taste of Georgian dishes in combination with crispy nuts and aromatic spices.It is appropriate to use the dish as a snack, for example, filling them with tartlets. And you can also use it as a spread for sandwiches or it can act as one of the components of a full meal.