Making almond biscuit
Delicious almond biscuit is very quick and easy to cook. This is a great solution that takes a minimum of time and is perfect in case of unexpected arrival of guests. Saturated with almonds, very tender and airy, everyone will definitely like the cake. Information on the features of cooking and a step-by-step recipe with photos can be found later in the article.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Almond flour is a popular alternative to traditional wheat flour. It contains less carbohydrates, but more nutrients, so it is considered more useful for those who need to lower the level of "bad" cholesterol. It is made of ground almonds.
If you are going to do it yourself, then you will need to first blanch the almonds for 5 minutes in boiling water, remove the husk from it, dry, chop as finely as possible and then use in cooking.If you prefer cakes with different layers, then as an addition to almond, you can cook more dense. It is called a chiffon biscuit.
An almond biscuit is also perfect as a basis for complex cakes, for example, mousse, in which the basis is a biscuit, a layer of mousse is laid on it, followed by fruit filling and coating.
The recipe was invented by California insurance agent Harry Baker in 1927 and is a more high-calorie version of a regular biscuit. It contains butter, unlike traditional dough. And since it is denser in texture, the whites and yolks for it are whipped separately. Adding a pinch of baking powder also makes this dough less dense.Pure wheat flour biscuits are not recommended for use by people with high blood sugar because of possible sharp spikes in sugar levels. For diabetics, it is advisable to completely replace almond wheat flour.
1 kg 1 hour
almond flour (finely ground)
baking powder (optional)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Break the chilled eggs from the refrigerator into a deep bowl. Add the vanilla extract and beat until thick foam.
- Gradually adding sugar, beat the eggs to steady peaks. If your mixer cannot beat the mass until stable peaks, then process the proteins and yolks separately, and then combine them.
- Sift both types of flour into the egg mass. Stir gently until smooth without lumps. Lay parchment on the bottom of the mold. Lubricating the sides is optional.
- Preheat the oven to + 180 ° C. Put a biscuit for baking. To prevent him from donkey, do not open the oven for 30 minutes from the start of baking. Cooking time - at least 45 minutes. Check the readiness with a wooden skewer at the end of baking, when a dense golden crust has formed on the test.
- Do not take out the cake immediately. Open the door in the oven off for 15 minutes so that the biscuit does not settle. Now remove it from the mold and let it cool completely for 1 hour. After that, use to make a cake. If guests will be tomorrow, then the biscuit is cleaned in the refrigerator, wrapped in cling film.
Video recipeBiscuit RecipeVideo Recipe: Biscuit Recipe
Almond flour cake is easy to bake. But do not forget that such a dough will be more dense and rises worse. Almond sponge cake will be more nutritious than made from wheat flour. This should be considered for those who are struggling with excess weight.